PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A SUBMISSION FEE for this callout. This is not something we support but are sharing this information in case it may be of interest.
Open Call: Dance Film Submissions
Sans Souci Festival of Dance Cinema proudly invites submissions of film and video works that integrate dance and cinematography for our 19th annual festival season. We encourage submissions from all artists regardless of credentials and affiliations.
Regular Deadline: Apr 4, 2022
Late Deadline: May 4, 2022
Submission fees vary by category.
Sans Souci Festival of Dance Cinema is a niche film festival based in Boulder, Colorado (USA), screening works in our hometown, across the USA, and around the world. With an expansive definition of dance and an appreciation for highly experimental and interdisciplinary forms, this unique festival exposes diverse audiences to a variety of film, video, and performance possibilities.
The integration of dance and cinematography is the heart of our work. When choosing works for exhibition and installation, we consider thoughtful forms and themes, investigative / innovative / experimental approaches, production values, audience appeal, choreographic creativity, virtuosic performance, and program fit. None of these criteria is a must; none is more important than the others; excellence in any one or two areas may be sufficient for acceptance. Cinematic elements must be an integral part of every entry. We encourage submissions from all artists regardless of credentials and affiliations. Head to our website *sanssoucifestival.org* for more info.
New this year, we’ve adjusted our categories to invite the widening spectrum of contemporary works. Before submitting, please see the descriptions of each category on our FilmFreeway page.
- Dance Film – short – under 15 min
- Dance Film – long – over 15 min
- Dance Documentary – short – under 15 min
- Dance Documentary – long – over 15 min
- Performance Documentation / Hybrid – under 15 min only*
- Music Video – under 8 min only
- Micro Short – 1 min only
- Youth Director – age 18 & under – under 3 min only
- Student Director – age 19 & over – under 5 min only
- First Time Filmmaker – non student, age 19 & over – under 15 min only
- Jazz Dance Film – under 15 min**
- Virtual Reality / 360 – VR headset compatible (Oculus Rift) – under 10 min
https://sanssoucifestival.org/call-for-entries/ — More Info
https://sanssoucifestival.org/contact/ — Questions, etc.
https://filmfreeway.com/SansSouciFest — To Submit
https://facebook.com/sanssoucifest — Keep in touch
https://instagram.com/sanssoucifest — Get reminders